Protect your family from carbon monoxide poisoning and smoke inhalation by installing detectors today. Carbon monoxide is a very serious and potentially deadly threat to all homeowners. Unlike gas leaks or other poisoning threats, carbon monoxide is odorless. Without a detector properly installed, you will most likely not be able to notice if a CO leak is happening.
Mainstream Electric, Heating, Cooling, & Plumbing has over 20 years of experience in keeping families safe from potential home hazards. Our expert technicians know the safety laws in place near Spokane Valley and will make sure your home is up to code and protected in the event of an emergency. We’ll let you know how many smoke and carbon monoxide detectors are necessary, where they must be placed, and how we will do it.
Check out why your neighbors trust us to get the job done right
Great seasonal service!Great seasonal service today on our furnace and air handler/AC unit. Matt Miller did a very courteous and professional job describing all that he was doing and did and made additional recommendations on future service and care. He was very knowledgeable and had great interpersonal skills. We have used Mainstream for other projects as well and have always been satisfied with the work performed. I can say with honesty that they have not always been the cheapest, but they have always been the best. 'Good service is not cheap and cheap service is not good.' If you ever need a plumber, electrician or HVAC specialist, I highly recommend Mainstream.
RespectfulCody was respectful, personable, courteous, answered all our questions we had during his visit, knowledgeable. Cody helped us get in touch of the appropriate people, to finance the work that our home needs. He helped get the work scheduled so that we wont need to wait longer to get the work taken care of.
Highly RecommendThe entire team was very responsive and nice. Handled scheduling quickly. Process was clearly outlined at multiple points in the job to ensure expectations were being met. Took 48 hours from time I reached out to complete issue resolution. Highly recommend
KudosJaymin was very professional and friendly. Was knowledgeable and got right down to business. Did a great job! He deserves a KUDOS!! 👍 Daryl was also very professional and friendly. He was knowledgeable and explained the problem very clearly. He's also a good salesman! KUDOS to him, as well!! 👍
Sources of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
Many of your basic household appliances can cause a CO leak: gas stoves, furnaces, exhaust from your car, fireplace chimneys, etc. If the device malfunctions and your home is poorly ventilated, the carbon monoxide will fill the space.
To prevent a possible leak, it’s important to have your appliances inspected annually. A professional will be able to detect if it’s running properly and tell you if it needs to be repaired or replaced.
You should also avoid having your car turned on in the garage while the garage door is closed. If it is left running, your garage will be filled with carbon monoxide which can leak into your home.
Most importantly, even with taking extra precautions to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning, you should have detectors installed in your home. While you can do everything to try and detect possible sources before a disaster occurs, a detector will alert you while a leak is happening.
Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Symptoms
- Shortness of breath
- Blurred vision
- Loss of consciousness
- Shortness of breath
The Importance of Smoke Detectors
To be in compliance with Washington law, all homes are required to have smoke alarms installed. There must be at least one smoke detector installed in or around the sleeping area(s) of your home. There are also specific height requirements and other regulations on where and how the detector must be installed.
While installing a smoke detector may seem easy, it is best left for experts to do. Especially if your home was built or renovated after 1980, the detector must be hard wired to your electrical system. Call Mainstream today to take your worries away!
Types of Smoke Detectors
Less expensive than photoelectric and more responsive. Typically if you are cooking and it produces a lot of smoke, this type of detector will go off.
Will respond to a reduction in light from smoke. It usually does not give off false alarms, but it is slower in detecting a fire compared to ionization detectors.
Let Mainstream Take Care of Your Home
Don’t wait to install your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. Disaster can strike at any minute and it’s always better to be prepared before it happens.
Call Mainstream Electric, Heating, Cooling, & Plumbing or contact us online today. We’ve kept homes in Spokane and Northern Idaho safe since 2000!