Search
Close this search box.

How do I know if my home’s wiring is safe?

Ensuring the safety of your home’s electrical wiring is paramount to preventing potential hazards, including fires. At Mainstream, we emphasize the significance of recognizing the warning signs of faulty electrical wiring, as highlighted by the National Fire Protection Association. The alarming statistics on deaths, injuries, and property damage due to electrical failures underline the critical nature of electrical safety.

Here are expert insights on identifying and addressing electrical wiring issues:

  • Frequent Circuit Breaker Trips: A circuit breaker’s job is to protect your home by shutting off power when the system is overloaded. While occasional trips are normal, frequent occurrences indicate a deeper issue requiring professional attention.
  • Flickering, Buzzing, or Dimming Lights: These symptoms often point to outdated or damaged wiring and signal the need for an electrical upgrade by a professional.
  • Frayed or Chewed Wiring: Damage from rodents, pets, or improper DIY attempts poses serious shock and fire risks. Only a licensed electrical contractor should address such issues.
  • Discoloration, Scorching, and Smoke: Visible marks or smoke at outlet points suggest heat release from damaged wiring, necessitating immediate professional inspection.
  • Warm or Vibrating Wall Outlets: These sensations indicate malfunctioning wiring. It’s crucial to have an electrician replace any loose or damaged components.
  • Burning and Odd Odors: A burning smell near outlets or your electrical panel is a dire warning of potential fire damage, requiring urgent intervention by an electrical professional.

Don’t compromise on safety with temporary fixes or unlicensed work. Contact Mainstream for a comprehensive electrical assessment and ensure your home’s wiring is safe, efficient, and up to code. Let our team of experts provide the peace of mind that comes with knowing your electrical system is in capable hands.